I teach IT for living 🙂 I work at 5 different universities-casual work but it takes a good 35 hours/week of my time and consultation/help hours, a few more. I enjoy teaching as much as I love cooking. In one of the universities, I teach them how to blog and one of the groups decided to blog about Game of Thrones. This group is one of the best groups I have had till date and they got me hooked on to the show. Watched 3 seasons in over 2 week period.
I was setting an exam up and watching Game of thrones at the same time. It was 1 am in the morning.One thing you guys need to know about me is-When I am sad (3 on a 10 scale), I have hot chocolate. As in very thick concentrated saucy-hot chocolate. Back to Game to thrones, I didn’t expect my favorite characters to die. I started crying-as in tears streaming down my face.I didn’t know what to do. ‘They died’ and I just lost it. The episode ended and I’m sitting there-my brain goes-‘Have a hot chocolate’. You need to remember-I am now on a 9.5/10 scale of sadness. Walked into the kitchen and it clicked – I had this beautiful vegan dark chocolate that I grabbed from Coles.
This is the recipe-might sound weird to few of you out there. However, if you are like me-one of those weirdos out there who can have coconut milk in every single dish you can have-this recipe is for you:)
- Light Coconut milk, Almond milk-equal proportions-1 cup
- Cacao powder-2 Tbsp
- Salt-a pinch
- Agave Nectar/Coconut Sugar- 2 Tbsp
- Coconut oil-1 tsp-for extra creaminess
- Add Cacao, agave nectar (or coconut sugar) and coconut oil, mix this up very well. It will have a ganache consistency.
- Add 1/2 cup of non-dairy milk and mix them well
- Add rest of milk, transfer to a saucepan, bring it to heat and serve hot.