Winter is back in Sydney 😐 I love the sun-not a great fan of winter. I have way too many hot chocs to keep myself warm. Sanju reckons I need to make more soups-true-Sonal has launched a soup event-am thinking about submitting 4 soups in total-once a week 🙂 Examination week, heaps of work 🙁
Got up this morning-shivering. It was close to 10 degrees and I was so hungry, Opened the fridge- I had heaps of great ingredients in there-waving at me to pick them. And I saw eggs (Sanju loves eggs and I love him-we respect each other’s life choices and make it a point never to interfere) I used to love scrambled eggs couple of years back-but looking into egg farming-I was like-I don’t want to be a part of it. After 2 years-I can’t stand the smell of cheese and butter-I wrinkle my nose every time.
This morning the urge was too much 🙂 I made this mushroom tofu scramble with Moroccan seasoning. Yum 🙂 A treat for eyes and palette-
- Mushrooms-5 medium- sliced thin
- Spinach-a handful finely chopped
- Baby corn-finely chopped(or)Frozen Corn Kernels-2 Tbsp
- Mint leaves-few (optional)
- Red onion-1/4 finely chopped
- Garlic-1 finely chopped
- Coconut oil-1 tsp + 1 tsp
- Tofu-extra firm-broken into crumbs (after water has been squeezed out)-200 gms
- Moroccan seasoning-2 tsp
- Salt-to taste
- In a pan, add 1 tsp coconut oil, add garlic, onion and little salt and fry well until onion is golden brown and then add tofu and fry until it is very dry and starts to brown
- Transfer it to a plate.
- In the same pan, heat the other 1 tsp of oil, add the Moroccan seasoning, add mushrooms, baby corns, spinach, mint leaves and some salt and let it fry until mushrooms ooze all the water out and let them brown.[ Do not crowd the mushrooms. They will not brown]
- Once all the moisture is gone, add the tofu and onion back into the pan and fry for another 3 mins.
- Yummy Scramble 🙂 Very filling-An awesome way to start your day 🙂