Love Kale Chips-Who doesn’t? Well, my husband would put his hand up for that question-He doesn’t dislike them-Hate, despise, you can just keep going.. That’s good news though-I get to eat the entire bunch of leaves-baked to perfection-crisp as toast 🙂 This is an easy, super cheesy, delicious Kale Chips recipe <3 I have not wavered from this ever since I made these.
- Kale leaves – 5 handfuls. [Look at notes below for some pre-processing tips]
- Olive oil-1 Tbsp
- Cashews-1/2 cup
- Nutritional yeast- 1 heaped Tbsp
- Garlic-1 clove
- Lemon Juice-2 Tbsp
- Salt- to taste
- Turn on the oven-150 deg
- In a high speed blender,add cashews, nutritional yeast, garlic, lemon juice , salt, 2 Tbsp water and process into a thick paste/creamy consistency.
- In a salad bowl, add kale leaves and pour the cheese sauce over them, add 1 Tbsp of oil and massage- You need to do it for at least 2 mins- making sure every nook and corner of the kale is coated with the cheese 🙂
- Then line a baking tray with baking paper and spread the kale chips-bake for 7 mins-flip them and bake for 5 more minutes. Not enough? Repeat every 2 mins
- You need to sit in front of the oven and watch them cook-else they might burn
7 Tips for the perfect crunch-fool proof:
- No Baby Kale please. Get those ones that have super curly leaves
- Remove Midrib. Wash the leaves really well, tear them into bits and re-wash every single leaf, put them in all in a salad spinner, remove any moisture and let them dry overnight.
- Low oven temperature, more time it takes, better the crispness is.
- Don’t add too much of salt, water or oil. They will make the chips soggy. (1-2 Tbsp for 5 large handful of kale is more than enough). And also, water, lemon juice, salt goes into the cheese sauce, not on the chips directly.
- Don’t crowd the kale leaves. One single layer and ‘Perfect’-they turn out
- Let Kale rest for 2 mins/so. They tend to get crispier.
- You have few big leaves still soggy? After the last batch, arrange all the soggy ones in a tray, turn the oven off and chuck the tray in the oven for 15 mins. They will turn out to be the crunchiest of all.
Do you have any tips for crispier kale chips? Comment below <3