This is a fusion of two amazing food cuisines-Malay and South Indian. My coconut-hating dearest husband LOVED it-I was Gobsmacked. One of my friends, lets call him A, he said he could eat it every single day 🙂 Very simple, yet flavorful. Rice-cooked in coconut milk and then infused with South Indian flavors- You could just eat it by itself-tastes amazing with any curry of your choice
- Rice-1 cup
- Light coconut milk-1 cup
- Water-1 cup
- Coconut oil-2 tsp
- Mustard seeds, Cumin seeds-1 tsp each
- Peanuts [or] Cashews-1/3 cup
- Curry leaves-2 springs
- Green chili-2 nos
- Salt-to taste
- Coriander leaves-chopped fine-few
- Frozen and thawed Coconut-1/3 cup
- Cook rice with (1 cup coconut milk and 1 cup water )
- In a wok, add oil, heat it up really well, add mustard seeds, curry leaves, peanuts/cashews, let it brown, add green chili (run away from the wok-come back after 10 seconds-it pops out sometime-petrifies me).
- Add cooked rice, salt, coconut and toss until well combined.
- Add coriander leaves, turn the heat off and serve 🙂