When my mum was in school, apparently there was this shop which sold ‘Masala Pori’ which is puffed rice crisps seasoned with Indian spices. So, this was her favorite and she put so much love whenever she made it-it became my favorite too. I was surprised to see a pack of brown puffed rice in the health isle at Woolies-Grabbed 2 large ones-Last week, Sanju and I were hooked onto this so bad that every evening we ended up having this 🙂
Best part is you don’t have a quantitative recipe for it. You just mix it up according to your taste buds 🙂
- Brown Puffed Rice-2 cups
- Red onion-very finely chopped-to taste (I used 2 Tbsp onion)
- Tomato-very finely chopped-to taste (I used 1/4 cup tomato)
- Cucumber-very finely chopped-to taste (I used 1/4 cup cucumber)
- Roasted Peanuts-to taste (I used 1/3 cup)
- Carrot -grated (I used 2 Tbsp baby carrot)
- Chili powder-to taste-1/2 tsp
- Chaat Masala-(Indian stores have packs and packs of these)-1/2 tsp-not more
- Salt-to taste
- Lemon Juice-1 Tbsp
- Sev-(optional)-Sanju loves them and so I add them in-again you need to run to an Indian store to grab these
- Except puffed rice, add the rest and mix them up very well.
- Then add puffed rice and serve immediately.
Puffed rice would suck the moisture out-so just before serving add puffed rice-so it is nice and crisp