have you bought a big box of strawberries at a discounted price and end up with sour berries? I did 🙁 250 gms for 50cents. I grabbed one box and ended up with a sour bunch of these little rascals staring at me. When I complained to Sanju, he quoted what I usually say ‘If it is too good to be true, it is not true’. I was like ‘Yeah right whatever’.
Didn’t want to discard them. They looked amazing. Jam, Pudding, I might have had to use ton loads of sugar to neutralize the sourness. Guess what I came up with- Canapes. I had a tiny can of coconut cream that I opened accidentally a day prior. My eyes did some pendulum movement between the can and strawberries and then ‘Eureka’
- Coconut cream-4 Tbsp
- Icing Sugar-to taste
- Salt-a pinch[yeah 4 ingredients, it is weird to count salt in]
- Two ways to serve them up.
- Either you can cut the leafy end of the berries, to make them sit on the plate and slice the rear end into 4 but the base stays intact [OR] You can cut the top and bottom sections, scoop a tiny section of the pith of the berry.
- For the vegan coconut whipped cream, I took it out of the refrigerator, scooped the cream out carefully,[discarded the watery part], added some icing sugar, whisked them really well, chucked the mixture onto a piping bag, chilled it again so it would harden a bit .
- Fill them up into strawberries.