Have you ever heard of buckwheat groats? They are the most amazing things ever. Apparently, there are two kinds of these amazing groats-roasted one and raw.
Roasted ones are called kasha (used in Russian Cuisine). Raw ones are what I bought from Coles. If you get a chance to grab a hold this thingy, please do. I have this, pretty much every day for brekky.Super easy. All you need to do soak 1/2 cup of buckwheat groats in a cup of water, blend with some cacao powder and banana + few secret ingredients and that’s it. 🙂
- Raw buckwheat groats (soaked overnight in water-1/4 cup)
- Medjool dates-4
- Cacao powder-1 tbsp/more (if you want it more chocolaty)
- Raw Agave nectar- 1 tbsp/more (if you want it more chocolaty)
- Salt-a pinch
- Chia seeds-1/2 tsp
- Peanut butter-1 Tbsp (it won’t be raw-but adding this is YUM)
- Almond milk/water-required for a porridge consistency
- Almond meal, berries,chia seeds, chopped bananas- to serve
- Wash the soaked groats with fresh water and remove any sliminess.
- Add to a food processor with all other ingredients and blend into a thick smoothie consistency.
- Serve with Almond meal, Berries, Banana, Chia seeds & Sunflower seeds