This is a recipe my Korean colleague of mine passed over when I asked her if she had any vegan recipes. She gave me 4 amazing recipes and made this for brekky. Tasted so darn good.
I am usually a sweet tooth when it comes to brekkie but once in a while savory ones are good. Made with green scallions and chives(that was my addition), it was super tasty, I did not need any dipping sauce.
- The recipe calls for flour-I made it using chickpea flour -1/4 cup
- Brown Rice flour-2 Tbsp
- 1/2 cup water
- Soy sauce-1 tsp
- Salt-to taste
- Chives-15 strands-chopped in bits that you want your pancakes to be-I usually chope them into 3 equal parts
- Scallions-green part-2 nos- long ones-chop them the same length as chives
- Sesame seeds-to top
- Sesame oil(a must)-1/2 tsp for each pancake
- Onion& garlic-optional (a tbsp each)
- Make a batter out of chickpea flour, brown rice flour,soy sauce, salt and water.
- On a hot griddle, place the chives and scallions parallel to each other- either vertical/horizontal. Also, you could create a messy pattern.
- Now, let them cook for 30 seconds, roast them and now you need to spoon the batter over the chives and the batter will seep through the chives. Let it cook for one minute/more until the edges come off the griddle.
- Flip and cook the other side
- Top with some white sesame seeds