Rice paper roll is such a great appetizers/snack. You can load them with veges of your choice and serve with a dipping sauce. I usually add a dollop of the sauce inside the rice paper roll(in-roll sauce, we call this). And serve.
Meat is usually an integral part of this roll and veganizing it -roasted tofu strips work so well. I am a texture person 🙂 Big time. I added some unsalted roasted peanuts-to stick to an Asian theme.
Pineapple & Mint in-roll Sauce
I made the sauce from pineapples chunks & mint leaves. This is a super easy raw sauce. Takes less than a minute to whisk this. I dunno how great this sauce will be as a dipping sauce. But this is super great inside the rice paper roll.
- 1/4 cup pineapple chunks
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 of thai red chili (more for hot version)(Tears were streaming down my face for this quantity-so watch out)
- Salt-to taste
- Agave/Coconut nectar-1.5 tsp
- 20 mint leaves-more/less-depends on how minty you want
- Chuck them all inside a food processor and process until smooth.
For the roll-You need:
- Carrot,Cucumber-cut into sticks
- Spinach-a handful
- Unsalted peanuts-to taste-start with a tbsp
- Tofu-50 gms-cut into sticks(add a tsp of sesame oil onto a small pan, once it heats up, add tofu, salt and roast until golden brown on the outside. When it is nearly done, add 1/2 tsp soy sauce(gluten-free), sprinkle some salt)
- Glass Noodles- (follow the instructions on the pack-mine says 20 in cold water-I cheat-I do 5 mins in warm water)-drained, add onto paper towels-pat them as dry as you can.
- In-Roll Mint Sauce
- Most Important: Rice papers-5/6
- Take a shallow plate, add until the plate is half full. Keep it aside
- Keep all the ingredients and sauce next to ya.
- Take a sheet of paper, dip it into the water. Best way to do it is dip once, flip dip again and add to a flat surface
- Add 4 sticks of carrot, cucumber, tofu, 4 spinach leaves, pinch the glass noodles and add whatever you catch onto the roll, sprinkle 3-4 peanuts and a dollop of sauce.
- Roll them (Look at the instructions image below)
- Cut into 2 and serve