With things happening around the world, writing this post was my last priority. it’s been such a sad day-we have lost 2 of own here in Sydney and more than 140 kids dead in Pakistan, where is this world going towards? I was packing lunch for Sanju this morning, all I kept thinking was ‘mothers of these children would have packed lunch and how will they cope up with this loss?’. thoughts and prayers with all the families <3 Sanju urged me to write a recipe and clear my head. Thence, this super quick post.
My mum works for a bank and one of her colleagues had this as a part of her lunch menu. My mum got the recipe and we have been hooked onto it ever since. Corn and Carrot Stir Fry. Super Yum.
- Sweet Corn-1 cob-boiled and kernels taken off cob
- Onion-1/2-chopped really fine
- Mustard seeds-1 tsp
- Cumin seeds-1 tsp
- Coriander leaves-a handful finely chopped
- Chili powder-for an extra punch (optional) -1 tsp
- Salt-to taste
- Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil-a tsp
- Lemon Juice-for the tang (optional)-a tsp or two
- First, add oil onto the pan, add mustard seeds and cumin seeds, wait until they crackle, add chopped onions in and fry until it turns translucent.
- Now, add grated carrot, salt and chili powder and fry until grated carrot turns soft. Then add corn and toss until they mix up really well.
- Add coriander leaves and turn the heat off. Add lemon juice at this stage. (I skip this-I’m sure it would taste great).
- You’re all set to go. Have it as a snack pre/post lunch, or as a cooked salad.