Happy New Year everybody <3 Just came back from an amazing holiday in NZ. Heaps of bike rides, hiking, white water rafting-it was just perfect. Photos to be updated soon.
Have you tried adding Roasted Cumin to your Hummus? It is so tasty and if you are a cumin spice lover, this is a must try recipe.
- Cumin roasted in a tsp of coconut/olive oil-1 tsp
- Chickpeas cooked with bit of salt-300 gms
- Tahini-1 heaped Tbsp
- Garlic-1 small clove
- Salt-to taste
- Lemon juice-from 1/2 lemon
- Water-1/4 cup+1 Tbsp
- Using mortar and pestle, crush the roasted cumin until it is almost pasty.
- Chuck that in the food processor along with other ingredients except chickpeas and process for 30 seconds.
- Now add chickpeas and process until creamy-Use water (or oil) for this. 2 tbsp at a time and process until you get super creamy texture.
Serve with Vege sticks 🙂 <3
Or you could try it on Cucumber Canapes
Taking it to Angie’s FF#50. Congrats Angie. <3