Learnt this recipe from my mum’s maid who cooks meals for my mum and dad. During my Indian holiday last year, she made an awesome brekky that I have never had before named Akki Roti. Super easy to make, 7 ingredients and there you have a beautiful cross between fritter and flat bread. This doesn’t have the consistency of roti bread.
- White Rice Flour-1/2 cup
- Water-1/4 cup+1 Tbsp
- Onion-chopped very very fine-1/2 medium sized
- Coriander leaves-a handful
- Salt-to taste
- Cumin seeds-1 tsp (optional)
- Ground chili powder-1 tsp/green chili chopped fine-1
- Oil-to sprinkle around fritters-a tsp
- Similar to baking, mix the dry ingredients first (all except oil, water).
- To that add water and mix until they come together. Consistency-soft, yet firm. Like pizza dough without it’s stretching ability
- Now, take a non-stick griddle, keep it on low heat. Take 2 tablespoons of the mix, Pat it on the pan as thin as you want, increase the heat to medium, add a tsp of oil along the edges and let it cook and then flip and cook the other side as well
- Serve with any dip of your choice. Serve with this Panch Phoran Chutney