If you have been following my blog, you’d know by now that Middle-eastern food is my favorite 🙂 More than Indian food, I grew up eating all the time. Mujadhara, Falafels, Hummus, bana ganoush, some grilled veges will be an awesome Middle-Eastern.
I had recipes for everything except Baba Ganoush. I asked Omar from Lands and Flavors. You so have to check his blog out and follow his posts. I love his most recent red lentil kofte and Mtabbal .Stunning photos, awesome recipes-best part of all, he is vegan too <3 He was very kind to pass his baba ganoush recipe. It was so freaking awesome, I have made it 3 times already 🙂
- Large eggplant -1 (prick with toothpick and bake for 30 mins 180 deg until mushy -remove skin and mash)
- Garlic-1 pod
- Tahini-1 tsp
- Lemon Juice-1-2 Tbsp depending on how tangy you want
- Salt-to taste
- Olive Oil-1 Tbsp
- In a food processor, add the baked eggplant flesh,garlic, tahini, lemon juice and salt and process until smooth
- To this, add very finely chopped scallion, both green and white, cucumber, tomato, olive oil.
- Mix them together and serve 🙂
Do you want an Indian version? Head over to Vidhya’s and check the recipe out