Alpine Coconut Review:
I am so glad that Woolies and Coles sell Coconut Yogurt. The Alpine brand is fabulous. If you happen to live in Australia, you gotta try this- Even if you are non-vegan. Very mildly sweet, yet amazingly creamy, you could use them in smoothies, desserts and curries. I made this South-Indian curry using this yogurt, it was very close to non-vegan version 🙂 You know the best part about it-if you are a coconut hater (like my husband), I guarantee you, you don’t taste the coconut.They come in cute tubs, you’d feel guilty for throwing them away <3 Thanks Alpine for the awesome yogurt <3 Can’t wait to try your coconut cream.
It’s Mango season in Australia. I got 3 massive ones for $3 bucks, it wasn’t the best mangoes. It had the punch but the usual sweetness wasn’t there. I was contemplating about what should I do with it and looked at what to do with mango and lassi was on the list. I had missed Lassi. Thanks to Alphine yogurt, I’ve been having this awesome ‘Lassi inspired Mango Smoothie’.
- Mango-1 medium sized-skinned and chopped into chunks
- Alpine Coconut yogurt-1/4 cup+2 Tbsp
- Coconut milk/Almond milk-2 Tbsp + more 2 Tbsp if you like it not so much like a thickshake
- Cardamom pods-2, green skin removed, seeds crushed in mortar and pestle (A secret to make a fine powder of cardamom seeds is to add 1/2 tsp of raw sugar along with the seeds and powder it)
- Agave/Coconut Nectar/Stevia-1 Tbsp-if mango is not sweet enough
- Saffron-few strands
- Salt-1/8 tsp
- Chia seeds-1 tsp
- Some almond flakes, pepitas and chopped mango-to serve with
- Chuck everything except the last ingredient into a smoothie jar and blend until smooth
- Refrigerate for an hour
- Top with more saffron stands, almond flakes, pepitas and chopped mango