This is a very unique dip that will go excellent with crackers/breads/even savory crepes. Gives you an Indian twist to anything you choose to eat this with. You can make this in less than 15 mins and the aroma will make your tummy growl 🙂
I am obsessed with Panch Phoran spice mix. It is great in Dals. I add it usually in Black-eyed peas and Kale Dal. In a dip, it is even yummier. One super special ingredient you need is curry leaves.Have you tried them? Lot of my Aussie friends try it raw and go, ‘How could someone eat this?’ It tastes amazing when you add it to hot oil and it’s infused.
- Roma Tomatoes-2 plump ones
- Curry leaves-2 sprigs
- Panch Phoran spice mix:
- Mustard seeds-1 tsp
- Cumin seeds-1 tsp
- Fennel seeds-1 tsp
- Nigella seeds-1/2 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds-1/2 tsp
- Dry red chili-1( I can’t eat spicy, probably 2 more for super spicy)
- Garlic-1 pod(sma
- Oil-1 Tbsp
- In a pan, heat oil, add the spice mix and turn heat to low-medium and let the spices roast. Add curry leaves and they start to pop. Keep roasting the leaves and add dry red chili and garlic.
- Once garlic is sauteed, add roughly chopped tomatoes, some salt and toss them until they are mushy
- Remove from heat, let them cool down and process until they come to a dip consistency. No water please.Tomatoes are enough to provide the dip consistency.
- Serve 🙂
Taking it to Angie’s FF#58