Sunshine Salad 🙂 An awesome summer salad that would bring a smile on your face and happiness to your tummy. A real simple salad with very few ingredients. It is Mango season here and you I have few still in my freezer. With autumn approaching, I am just waiting for few sunny days here and there, so I can enjoy some homemade icecream. Thinking about kulfi too. We’ll see 🙂
The only constraint you have is that, the mangoes must be very firm. Else, salad might go mushy. If you are a mango-lover, you will like it how ever it is. With some spinach, cucumber, tomatoes and super-crunchy peanuts, this is a salad to die for. And because it has so many natural elements, I have no dressing. Salt and some cracked pepper should do the deal.
- One Mango-super firm
- Lebanese Cucumber-1/4 (chopped fine)
- Baby Spinach leaves-10-15 leaves (torn into bits)
- Avocado-1/4 (chopped fine)
- Tomato-1/4 (chopped fine)
- Mint leaves – 10 (not more, might dominate when you taste it)
- Crunchy peanuts -1/4 cup (more if you like)(omit if you want it raw)
- Red Onion- 1/4 (chopped fine) (You don’t see them in the salad, but they are hidden at the bottom of the plate)
- Salt and pepper-to taste
- In a salad bowl, toss them all together and serve immediately.
Another Meatless Monday entry <3