Are you an energy-bar person? Do you spend heaps on store-bought ones? Well, time to change now.
Love these beauties. If you love peanut butter, please add this on your to-do list. You won’t repent. Packed with peanut butter, oats and almonds-this will keep you going for hours 🙂 My husband who HATES (is an understatement) peanut butter, loved this energy so much, he insisted on making the same-for the second week.
And ummm, yeah-this bar has cranberries. After teaching for 8 hours, I walk into my last class-super tired and one of my students mentioned that I looked exhausted and offered me some dried cranberries. One thing, you need to know about me-am not into any fruit/dried fruit that’s sour. I was so hungry, I went for one, then couple more, then few more, stopped class in between for a minute-had few more and at the end of the class, she gave me the pack she had. I added those cranberries in these bars-they added beautiful colour and complement the taste of the these bars. And guess what, I gave that student, one of the energy bars and she loved it too.
- Roasted Almonds (Raw would work too)- 1 cup
- GF Oats-1 and 1/2 cups
- Medjool Dates-12 fat juicy ones
- Dried Cranberries-1/2 heaped cup
- Chia seeds -1 heaped Tbsp
- Unsalted Peanut Butter (Crunchy, preferably)- 1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp
- Agave Nectar-1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp
- Salt-a pinch
- Vanilla extract (concentrated)-1/2 tsp (use 1 tsp if not concentrated)
- Water-2 Tbsp
- Coarsely pulse the almonds-bits here and there are YUM. Add it to a large mixing bowl.
- Now, in a food processor, add dates, oats, 2 Tbsp water and process until dates are broken down.
- Add cranberries and chia seeds to this mixture.
- In a saucepan, add peanut butter, agave, vanilla extract and salt-heat until they go nice liquid consistency and pour over the mixture.
- Mix until everything is well-combined. Transfer to a 8*8 baking tray lined with parchment paper, and press them real well. Even the surface out with the base of a flat cup.
- Refrigerate for atleast 5 hours-preferably overnight
- Cut and serve. Stays well for over a week in air-tight container (refrigerated)
Sneak peek: Next week-for Meatless Monday, an allergy friendly energy bar. Look at them-Can you guess the ingredients? Stay tuned
Taking it to FF#73