For this week for Meatless Monday (#MeatlessMonday), it is 6 ingredient Allergy-friendly Dates-free Raw Energy Bar. Sanju and I have got on the Energy Bar Bandwagon. Having an energy bar full of nutrients as breakfast, keeps us going for hours 🙂 So, my new Saturday ritual is that wake up early and try out energy bars. I haven’t had luck with baked ones yet – as in I am terrible with it. But no-bake versions, I can control them better. Our recent new favourite is peanut cranberry bars. They are wonderful.
So last Saturday, I wake up to realize that I had used up all dates and there was none at home. So, decided to use figs and raisins instead. And also, made this allergy-free (the big-8 allergens). Really chocolaty and if you are into raw food, I can guarantee you that you’ll love this. Also, if dried figs are something you fancy, you’ll love it.
All didn’t end well though. My food processor died that night. It was working fine, the next morning-it was just dead. Nothing at all. And two people who I love the most in the world (mum and Sanju) were sure that I broke it on purpose to pre-pone my Vitamix gift (Sanju promised me that I’d have one in July). They both asked me the same question, “What did you do?”. Dear Sanju & Mom, I swear, I had nothing to do with it.
Anyways, No-more energy bars for couple of weeks until I get my Vitamix 🙁 . I am super excited about it <3 My own Vitamix (It is this Thursday, Yayyyyy)
- Dried Figs-6-tear them into pieces
- Sultanas-1.5 cups
- Cacao-1/4 cup
- Carob powder-1 Tbsp (gives a great depth to it-optional)
- Sunflower seeds-1 cup
- Pepita seeds-1/2 cup (not in stock? add more sunflower seeds)
- Salt-1/4 tsp
- Chuck them all into food processor until they come together like a dough
- Transfer to a baking dish lined with parchment paper and press the dough firm in there
- Refrigerate overnight and cut them up as bars.
- Store in air-tight container