Chocolate… My obsession, weakness, comfort. I have always loved chocolate truffles. During my non-vegan days, I loved the cream and butter that makes truffles so yum. I have been trying to make a vegan version, decided to go raw and made one. Instead of using just dates, I used cranberries and goji berries. Great power snacks 🙂
- Dried Cranberries-1 cup
- Dried Goji Berries-1/4 cup
- Medjool dates-1 cup
- Cacao-1/4 cup
- Carob powder-1 Tbsp
- Almonds-1/2 cup
- Salt-1/8 tsp
- Water-2 Tbsp
- Shredded Coconut-2 Tbsp [optional]
- Add almonds to a food processor and make a very fine meal out of it.
- Add cranberries, goji berries, medjool dates, cacao, carob, salt, water and process until it forms a very smooth soft sticky dough
- Transfer to a cling wrap and in it goes into the fridge,
- After 3 hours, use coconut oil to grease your hand, scoop 1 Tbsp of the dough onto your palm and form balls.
- Roll over shredded coconut (if using any) and store in air-tight container.
And you know what, I had a free morning after 14 weeks of intense teaching schedule – All to myself. I thought I should sleep for 10 hours. But, my body clock kicked me out of the bed at 6am. I decided to make a full-course surprise dinner for Sanju. Took me couple of hours to make. Recipes coming soon (Curried Roasted Cauliflower, Black Channa Masala and Flavoured Basmati Rice). How good do they look? He absolutely loved it.
Fancy some energy balls? How about some ancient millet Indian energy balls? 5 major ingredients only.