I had my morning off after 13 weeks of work. Decided to cook a meal that Sanju would remember for a while, I rang his mum up, got some recipes off her and made a brown channa curry, flavored basmati rice and this Amazing Roasted Curried Cauliflower.
Out of the three items on that menu, Roasted Cauliflower was so so good, we emptied that first. This is hands down the best roasted cauliflower I’ve made. I tried to make a healthy vegan version of a yogurt’y’, deep fried cauliflower dish. My oven-roasting skills are not the best in the world. So, when I decided to make this, I was skeptical. But turned out to be the best. Another #MeatlessMonday post. The characteristic feature of this dish are curry leaves. If you are one of those who wonder -what to do with curry leaves, this is for you.
- Cauliflower florets-5 cups
- Ground Chili-1 tsp
- Ground Coriander-1 tsp
- Ground Cumin-1 tsp
- Ground Fennel Seeds-1 tsp
- Ground Turmeric-1/2 tsp
- Solid Coconut Oil-1 Tbsp
- Cornflour-1.5 tsp
- Salt-to taste
- Garlic-4 pods-chopped very fine
- Curry leaves-20 leaves-chopped fine
- Preheat oven to 170 deg Celcius.
- In a pan, add coconut oil, let it melt, heat it really well.
- Turn heat off and add the spices, let them roast in the hot oil, mix with spatula. Turn heat back on to low-medium, add corn flour, mix again, it will lump, it’s okay. Remove from heat
- Add cauliflower to a box with lid, add spices and cauliflower florets, salt cover with lid and shake, shake & shake. You could get your hands in and massage.
- Add to a oven-proof tray/trays lined with baking paper, add cauliflower and roast for 15 minutes.
- Take them out at the 15 minute mark, flip them, back into the oven for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, take them out, sprinkle, garlic and curry leaves, back into the oven for 10 more minutes or until crisp
- Serve with some lemon squeezed over.
If you happen to try this recipe, please #YesIamVegan on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Would love to hear from y’all.
Are you a fan of curried dishes? Try this Curried Sweet Potato Hash