Vitamix is home and I am obsessed with it. I made these beautiful Almond Butter Cranberry Fudge bites. My first batch, Sanju went crazy over it, so I took one piece to my ‘mum'(one of my colleagues) at uni. She had a bite and asked me to make an entire batch and offered to pay for the ingredients. Few of my students who looked at my Instagram account asked me to make something for them. I took them around 30 fudges. I saw five hands go towards the tray and the fudges disappeared.
Moral of these stories: Make these. They are darn good <3
I make fresh roasted almond butter and make these bars with them. You could use normal almond butter. I haven’t tried with raw almond butter. This recipe goes towards #MeatlessMonday recipe. Also, I know the pictures are not great. This disappears within hours of me making it 🙂
- GF Oats-1 cup and half
- Dates-1 cup (around 12-13)
- Cranberries-1 cup
- Almonds and Walnuts-1/2 cup each (or 1 cup of either one)
- Roasted almond butter-1/3 cup
- Agave/Coconut nectar-1/4 cup
- Salt-a pinch
- Concentrated Vanilla Extract-1 tsp (make it 2 tsp for normal vanilla extract)
- Water-2 Tbsp
- In a food processor, roughly process almonds,walnuts and half cup of oats. Add to a large mixing bowl
- Again in the food processor, add 1 cup oats, dates and cranberries and make a sticky mixture out of it and add to the bowl. (Use water to ease the process)
- In a saucepan, add roasted almond butter, agave/coconut nectar, salt, vanilla, heat it and add to the bowl.
- Mix everything together. the mixture will be extremely sticky. It’s okay.
- Add to a baking tray lined with parchment paper and refrigerate it for at least 3 hours
- Take it out and make tiny squares. Keep refrigerated and take it out just before you serve.
- Add extra 1/4 cup of shredded coconut (plain or toasted) for an extra flavour.
So, try out this amazing roasted almond butter cranberry fudge bites. Snap some delicious photos and tag #yesiamvegan on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or Instagram. Would love to see some
Sneak-peak: I made this amazing chocolate mudcake for my mum’s aunt’s birthday (60th) who visited us. She has never had a cake because she hates eggs. I convinced her and everyone loved it. I am planning to make the same for Sanju’s 31st which is next Friday. Oops. I can’t keep secrets. Can you believe this is 100% vegan and gluten-free?